Monday, April 10, 2017


13 REASONS WHY
Image result for sucideImage result for sucideI have decided to talk about 13 Reasons Why. This is a one season series consisting of thirteen episodes explaining reasons. It was extremely easy for me to talk about this because I have went through something similar to this while I was in High School. I picked this because it is easy for me to relate and grasp what is being asked. This show is about a teenage girl in high school that encounters many difficult situations that lead her to committing suicide. She leaves behind thirteen cassette tapes and with each tape it has one person on it stating why they made her committee suicide. The reasons they made her not want to live anymore. This topic defiantly is an important subject to discuss. I feel that it is important because so many young teenagers feel as though this is the way out. Teenagers are afraid to ask for help, they are ashamed. I think that we need to inform more teenagers how to seek help and get it.  We need to get this terrible situation under control. This show is so popular I feel because it touches many teenagers’ lives. As sad as it is, many students have probably had to encounter this situation in there High School. I know I have went through this in my junior year of high school. I remember getting the phone call saying that she had hung herself. There was no words, still is no words for me to explain how I felt and still feel about this situation, it hits home, real hard.  Some ways that I am going to analyze 13 Reasons Why is by finding statistics on teenage suicide, where the highest suicide rating are, why kids do it, there home life, friends and even the ages of the children that do it. I feel I should have no problem finding these facts on the situation. This is a sad topic to discuss but I willing to dig into this and find out the horrible statistics. I want to be much more informed so that maybe I will be able to help someone that needs it.  I feel this artifact says that our culture has problems. I feel it states and shows what is so wrong about our culture and how upsetting it really is. Also it shows how rude and cruel people are to one another. It is terrifying to me to think that the person sitting next to me in a classroom could be thinking about going home and ending their life. Some research I have learned about this is that Chicago is the highest teenage suicide rate. The ratings on suicide is at a 7.8 percent as a result of bullying. Since 2009 it has increased within 1.5 percent. That is shame that it is continuing to go up. Also one in every twelve teens have attempted suicide. I cannot wait to continue to research on this topic so I can be more informed.  We all need to be informed on this devastating topic.



No comments:

Post a Comment