Monday, February 27, 2017


Blog 6: my story
Image result for workoutImage result for gymWe are being asked to share a story about the topic we chose. I chose health and fitness. Thinking about this topic brings many flashbacks to my head. However, I think I would like to talk about the time when I got the clear to do physical activity again. I used to be a really athletic person, soccer and softball was my life. Every day it consisted of me being outdoor or inside practicing these skills. It was around August of my senior year in high school when things started changing for me. This was the time when pre works out for soccer were starting and then try outs would come next. Knowing it was my senior year playing varsity with all my friends I could not be more excited, it was my year, my last year doing this. During this time, the days of running and kicking the ball around on the field became harder and harder for me to accomplish. I would cry about the pain I was in. I complained as though my body was shutting down. My bones in my arms and legs could not stand the activity this is when I knew I had a real problem at hand. I would get shooting pains through them, not being able to use my muscles. I was unable to hold something for longer than 2 minutes without dropping the object. Walking or standing for longer than 10 minutes was not possible either. I began missing more and more days of school because I was unable to hold the pencils and take notes and do the work that was assigned. Everything I did became a challenge for me.  I felt useless. However, after many long months of doctor visits and medicine after medicine, things finally began to improve and I got the energy and strength back to do activities. I got the okay to do physical activity. I remember being so excited to actually go for a run and do any sort of physical activity. It was September 27th and I was finally able to go to the gym nine months later on my own. No one knew how happy and excited that had made me. I had gained unnecessary weight from getting sick that all I wanted to do was loose what had been added on. I wanted to feel confident with myself and not be ashamed. I remember walking into the gym door knowing I got this. The doctors gave me the okay but I knew I still had to take it light because my strength was still not all there. That was beside the point though, I remember do some cardio exercises to then lifting some weights. I began to go every day/night. I was so sore for the longest time because of not doing anything but resting for so long. Although I was so sore I enjoyed it, I was satisfied with the pain because it was a good kind of pain not like what I went through. I still have my issues with my health but am finally able to control and handle the pain and take the medicine to help. I think this is why I really am excited to blog about this topic because it defiantly hits home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment