Wednesday, March 8, 2017


Blog 9 - The gym :)

Image result for running
Image result for gym
After thinking long and hard about what I feel a discourse community is I have decided to talk about the gym as being one. I have not selected one specific gym but just any gym in general that someone would attend. I have noticed that a gym actually has a discourse community that I am a part of. A discourse course community is where people share common goals and understand each other basic values and assumptions. The discourse community that I am apart of involves a fitness community. For example, everyone that attends the gym is all looking for pretty much the same outcome at the end of the day or there training. We as a fitness community share the common goals to gain strength within ourselves. We also want to have the flexibility and to being able to train our body’s for long endurance. Another positive thing about the fitness community is we all want to be able to gain confidence within ourselves as well as showing it to others.  As this type of community we would like to be able to walk with our heads held high showing off the progress that we have made to ourselves. Some of our values include safety and injury prevention. These two things are so greatly important when taking part in physical activities. If you are uneducated on how to properly prepare yourself for a workout, you must take some action before doing so. If you do not stretch what needs to be stretch you can cause some serious damage to yourself. Now not only are you going to be in pain, but you will be out of the gym while your recovering from this injury. The gym is our home, second home to anyone in the fitness community. This discourse community has taught me that we all may be taking part in this community for different reasons but we all intend for outcomes to be the same, we are one and no one should be judging. In my personally opinion, I work out because I have got sick awhile back as I have stated in my other blog posts. With that being said, I added extra weight to myself that I was extremely unhappy with. I have lost weight throughout the process and am very pleased and proud of myself for pushing myself and not backing down. However, I enjoy going and seeing all the different types of people that attend. I still have much to go, but I feel as though no matter what size you should never be afraid to make a change to yourself. There will not be judgment in this community of fitness, only encouragement. Another women might be working out on the treadmill next to me because working out relieve stress for her. The women may be perfectly content with her weight but just exercises for a stress reliever. Another man may work out because his doctor has ordered him to because of health reasons. The point I am trying to make here is no matter what the situation is we all share the same interest and goals for ourselves.  Once the people in the fitness community may have achieved their goals they may still remain in the fitness community because they enjoy it. I personally love belonging to the fitness discourse community because it has really brought the better person out in me, I look forward waking up every day knowing I am going to do something good for my health and my mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment